Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Thank you Kim



I want to say thank you to Kim, our agency representative. She called me today just to touch base and make sure we were OK. I told her that it does not go unnoticed that they are checking in with us each month. Even though they do not have much or anything to tell us it still means a lot to us that they are checking in every month. Kim and I chatted for 10 or 15 min., That conversation lifted my spirits more then I can tell you. I was very happy to hear that all 10 of the families that we started this waiting with are still in our group. I am very excited that we will all be getting to China together and that our families will have all gone through the same experience. We talked about the need for us to update our Federal Fingerprints once again(third time now). They will expire at the end of March and must be current when we travel. The good news is that we will not have to pay this time to get them updated a savings of $150. Kim thought that although we will not see our referral this go around (the referrals that we are expecting right now) we MIGHT see it in the next group (the one coming at the beginning of March). I am really not expecting to see our referral before April, May or maybe even June but god when she said that my heart skipped a beat and I so pray that she is right. We updated our phone number and went over what to expect on referral day. So here it is this is what will happen on referral day..
1.IF they know in advance that referrals are coming, Kim will let us know.
We really want to be at home she we get "THE CALL" but we will see what happens. They may not know in advance so we may be at work. We work in the same place so no big deal. Riz will come to my office and we will close the door and have our moment. then leave for the day to share with family, but we REALLY want to be home for this..
2. Kim will call us once they have received our referral and it has been translated. They do a basic translation the same day they get the referrals and calls are made ASAP to waiting families. Thank god for this... it makes us so happy that they do it this way not all agencies do this.
3. We will decided what we want to know at the time of the call so Kim will tell us only what we want to know. Some families only want the basics or nothing at all until they open the envelope they receive in the mail. I think we will want to know everything she can tell us, but we still have to talk about this one.
She will have Sophia's Chinese name, Birthday, Province, Height, Weight at time of referral and pictures so she can tell us if she has hair or not and if she is big or small etc.... and the best part.
4. She will e-mail us Sophia's referral pictures ....
5. Then all the information along with our acceptance letter will be mailed to us overnight FedEx (OK Shane make sure it gets here will ya LOL)

I have thought about all of this a million times in two years, but to hear Kim talking about it got me very excited. I got goosebumps and teary while she was talking...

I think this one phone conversation gave me what I need to make it through the next few months... So, I want to say Thank you so much you made my day.... I can't wait to talk to you next month...
Hang on Sophia we will be there soon....













8 comments:

Mike and Rhonda said...

Susan,

I will join you in prayer regarding your referral. Hang in there precious little Sophia.....
your sweet mom and dad are coming!

Alyson and Ford said...

God's peace and never ending love upon your family...

fm

Melissa said...

I have chills just reading this! Your day is coming and I know I can't wait to hear your good news!!

Sharon said...

OMG! That sounds like a great phone call!! March Referral...maybe??? woohoo!!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

I feel something good coming! I'm so excited for you and Riz. The time is almost here!
Evelyn

Cheri and Shane said...

Susan & Riz,

I have chills just thinking about everything you wrote today. I can't wait for you to get that call....and I can't wait for you to call me afterwards!! LOL

Kim is awesome, isn't she? We really are lucky to have such great people at our agency!! Wait until you travel with Zhou, he is the BEST!!! I am so jealous of you guys because you have SO much to look forward to. Shane and I can't wait to follow along in your whole trip to Sophia and bringing her home!! :)

Prayers are being said that March is YOUR month!!!

Love ya,
Cheri & Shane

Christine said...

I got goose bumps when reading your e-mail! You guys are SOOOO close! I am praying big time you hear something in March! then that means we are not long after that! tee hee What a wonderful phone conversation to have. I bet you can't believe it! It is going to happen...and soon! Soon you will be dressing your little darling in all those cute dresses.

AG'smoma said...

Wow, I got excited just reading your post!! March? Wonderful, absolutelly wonderful!! Wouldn't it be wonderful to end up in China at the same time!!

More prayers going up for March!