Sunday, May 23, 2010

Some days

are better then you ever dreamed possible....


We had plans today to take Sophia to Little gym and then go to the beach and then home to grill out.Well we left Gym early never made it to the beach and have not eaten dinner yet..

and still today was better then I could have dreamed of..While at Gym Riz's phone rang he said who's area code is 440? I said that is EACI answer it and it was our Case Manager,Chris. She said Riz I think I have a match for you all. He lost all composer and could not gather himself to grasp what was happening. We scooped up Sophia and went outside to take the call. I took the phone and Chris told me all about the file she was looking at. Here are the details


baby Girl

Birthday 3/8/2009 (My fathers Birthday)

she is 14 months old same as Sophia when we got her referral..

She is from Guangdong and was brought to the Zhanjiang SWI on March 9th.

She stayed there until September 14th when she was placed in the Kensasai Children's Foster Home(also know by True Children's Home) (a home for SN kids run by Chinese in conjunction with Westerners I am still digging for info on it) She has been there ever since.


Her Special need is unilateral cleft lip (repaired) and Cleft Pallet We had them send her file to us and our doctor. We reviewed everything and all looks good.. We sent her file on to our friend Jean Wright who is a pediatrician in Charlotte NC. Dr. Jean said she has and is meeting all the important markers. I have been networking all day with local families who have kids with this same issue. She had her lip repaired in Nov. and did very well. It appears from her paperwork and from what Dr. Jean was able to find out that the repair was done at a Operation Smile Hospital.


OK OK I know you want to see pictures






Oh her Name is Zhan Ci Mei-

Zhan-she was in the Zhanjiang City SWI,
Ci -means admirable or kind,
Mei -means Plumb blossom...


and yes we are in love and knew immediately that she was our daughter....so happy so excited can't wait to go and get her....

Love you guys and wanted to share our fantastic Sat.with you all...Love Susan, Riz and Sophia

11 comments:

Angela said...

ooooooooooohhhhhhh sooooooooooo excited for the three of you!! (soon to be four!!!!)

wow ~ she is beautiful!! another Guangdong beauty :)

what a lovely addition to your family
love
Angela Bryan and Ella xox

Peta-maree said...

Congratulations she is adorable

Anonymous said...

She is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!

Jen said...

She is heavenly!! Congrats to the proud parents and jiejie!!!

Unknown said...

OMG, I am just SO happy for you all. She's beautiful... and is it just me, or is there a strong resemblance to Sophia? I'll bet she is excited to be getting a sister!!!

Jodi Shaw said...

She is absolutely beautiful... congratulations again and hoping for a speedy TA... oh, and is it just me or does she bare a striking resemblance to her sister Sophia??

Coloured With Memories said...

She is gorgeous! Congratulations guys! Travel in the fall? wow we might even see you in China if it is in October!
S&J x2

Denise said...

OMG!!!!! Those lips are to die for!!! She is amazingly beautiful. Congrats and here's to a speedy journey!!
Denise

Unknown said...

OMG- She is so stinkin cute!!!!
I am giving you the link to the orphanage group. She is from the same orphanage that Meison is from.
Zhanjiang-Families-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

It is fairly active group- and one of the board members lives in Cocoa area and we see her a few times a year.
Call me!

Unknown said...

Wow!! Congrats!! Kate's b-day is 3-6-09 so they are the same age :) Hope you travel SOON!!!!

mumma to many said...

OMG!
I just checked your blog! Why didn't you email me!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited do you hjave a name yet? Ruth is nice LOL!
Hugs Ruth in NZ