Thursday, April 10, 2008

deja vu

So when I posted last month about it being our 26th month of waiting anniversary and the last one we would celebrate, I really believed it to be true... goes to show you how much I know....



Well, today is our 27th month of waiting for Sophia's referral and "The last one we will celebrate" . We have big plans for tonight after work... LOL... We decide that tonight we would celebrate by taking a ride down the beach in our new mini Van (by the way Riz is calling it the Space Shuttle) and go out to dinner to one of our favorite Mexican places (great salsa).... I have on pink today in honor of Sophia ( I know Corny). We are about 3 weeks away from referrals again and the anticipation is building once again. I am not sure if everyone knows about my paperclip chain, but for the last two and a half years I have had a HUGE paperclip chain on my bulletin board at work. Each month when referrals were announced I take off the number of referrals that they did. I can't remember exactly how many we started with but I think it was somewhere around 250 paperclips, they represented how many days between what date the CCAA had referred up to when I started it and our LID of 1/10/06. The last 4 paperclips were two red, 1 yellow and the last being a pink one.... We are now down to One paperclip on the board, it looks kind of silly up there all alone but it has been a great visual to know we are getting closer and now when I look up and see that ONE PINK paperclip it makes me smile because I know FOR SURE we are next and Sophia is just a few weeks away....



I want to send well wishes to Susan and Jonathan and the rest of our great travel group, it wont be long and we will be having the time of our lives together in China...



Much Love

Susan and Riz

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, China better be ready, cause we are headed that way!! Can't wait to share so many memories together as we travel to our girls. We love you guys!

WE ARE NEXT - no bones about it!

Susan and Jonathan

Cheri and Shane said...

Enjoy your special evening...space shuttle, dinner....all of it!! LOL

You should take a picture of your ONE pink paperclip on the wall and save it for your scrapbook!

Only a few more weeks!!!! YIPPPEEE. Have I mentioned today that we can't wait to see Sophia?!! LOL

Love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you two have a nice evening planned. Enjoy:) What color is the minivan? Is it white? Is that why it’s know as the Space Shuttle? Or is it just super fast?:) By the way, I think you should definitely take a picture of the pink paperclip. Good idea Cheri. Whoo hoo, only a few weeks to go.

Mike and Rhonda said...

Oh Enjoy your "date" in the space shuttle. I just am amazed at how you guys have recovered so quickly from what must have been one of the most painful things you have ever been through. Congrats on being next! Love you guys and Happy Last Monthaversary!

Alyson and Ford said...

This is truly your last LID anniversary! Wow!! How awesome. You all get out there and celebrate like crazy. If things get too far out of hand, give me a call, I'll post bail for you all :)

peace
fm

Kevin and Kim said...

Enjoy this last "LID anniversary"!! Knowing that you are NEXT gives such peace, and I am so glad you have that now after the bad news of the cut off date.

These few weeks will fly by and you will be in China before you know it. It goes by so fast, so just smile inside all of the time knowing you are going to be a mommy very soon!! You have so much to look forward to! You are about to experience some of the best days of your life!

Anonymous said...

AMEN! We can't wait for you either! You are so close now and after all the months of disappointments you can revel in happiness that you will see Sophia's face soon and have her in your arms forever shortly after that. You WILL be having the time of your lives soon and I can't wait to ride along on the journey via your blogs.
Love you guys!
Aim

Gail said...

Susan,
I understand the disappointment from last month and the anticipation of what May will bring!
I am so excited for you! It has been a very long wait.
Looking forward to seeing Sophia.
Gail B.

p.s I want to see a picture of that lonely pink paperclip!!

Melissa said...

So close, really close! I have been numb these past few weeks but I am starting to get excited again. Us ECG need something to celebrate and your referral is perfect!!