Saturday, April 19, 2008

Baby Shower #1



Work Baby Shower


On Wednesday Night our wonderful co-workers gave us the nicest little baby shower. We had about 30 people in attendance from all areas of our company. It was over whelming to us that so many people cared enough to spend a few hours after work in the middle of the week celebrating our daughter Sophia. I told Riz that after so many years of giving baby showers for friends and family I was not sure how to act at my own. I have decided that opening gifts in front of people is just not a comfortable thing to do. I did not know if I should read all the cards or not. I did not want anyone to think I did not read their card but did not want people to think Geezz just read the cards later. I read some and did not read others at the shower but when we got home that night I read them all and really had a chance to enjoy each one. I was glad I read them at home because they all made me cry.... Something else they did was buy this little journal book and they have been passing it around for a few weeks writing things to Sophia about us. OMG I was super glad I read this at home.... We feel very lucky to work some wonderful people who care so much about us and now Sophia...


OK now the pictures.....






The cake was not only beautiful but yummy!!!!

The food table was pretty and the food was great!



A small sampling of gifts




They made me wear this all day


Riz our CEO Janet, my boss Wayman, Me and my favorite Pharmacist James Earl (Jim)

There are more pictures but I have to get my friend Sharon's Camera card so I can upload them (she is computer illiterate and would never be able to figure out how to send them to me in e-mail LOL but we love her anyway LOL)....

Riz and I want to thank everyone who attended the baby shower. It means so much to us that you all care not only for us but for Sophia as well.....

6 comments:

Angela said...

Oh Susan ~ your first baby shower for Sophia!! Isn't it surreal to finally have one for you after years of having and attending them for others!!

Looks like it was wonderful!! How sweet of your coworkers!!

Angela :)
PS I know exactly how you felt about the cards etc...I didn't know what "speed" was appropriate!! And my Aunt kept telling me to "hurry up" and that the food was getting cold!! lol

Mike and Rhonda said...

What a great shower! You, Riz and Sophia are loved greatly. Soak it all in kiddo.....those are the kinds of moments that wish you could bottle. Then on those days when you feel unloved, unappreciated, having a bad hair day etc you could pull it out and relive all the love. Counting down the days!!!!!

LaLa said...

Oh what a wonderful time! I know you enjoyed it so much....

Cheri and Shane said...

Sounds like a WONDERFUL shower!!! You both look so happy and so excited!! The proud mommy & daddy. Sophia is so lucky to have the both of you!!

Love ya!!

the mommy said...

test

Alyson and Ford said...

Wow! Great co-workers. You are so blessed.
Yep, I have never had my own baby shower either.

Alyson LID 01/27/06