Sophia at 6 months old and Sophia at 22 months old
Monday, April 20, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
Posted by the mommy at 7:42 AM
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
You Know You're An Adoptive Parent When...
1. The fact that there are 143 million children without a parent to kiss them goodnight has made you lose sleep.
2. You realize DNA has nothing to do with love and family.
3. You can't watch Adoption Stories on TLC without sobbing.
4. The fact that, if 7% of Christians adopted 1 child there would be no orphans in the world, is convicting to you.
5. You spend free time surfing blogs about families who have experienced the blessing of adoption.
6. It drives you crazy when people ask you about adopted child's 'real' parents.
7. You have ever been 'pregnant' with your adoptive child longer than it takes an elephant to give birth.(2 years!)
8. You had no idea how you would afford to adopt but stepped out in faith anyway, knowing where God calls you He will provide.
9. You have ever taken an airplane ride half-way around the world with a child you just met.
10. You believe God's heart is for adoption.
11. You realize that welcoming a child into your heart and family is one of the most important legacies you could ever leave on this earth.
12. You know what the word 'Dossier' means, and you can actually pronounce it!
13. You have welcomed a social worker into the most private parts of your life.
14. You shudder when people say your child is so lucky that you adopted them, knowing full well you are the blessed one to have him or her in your life.
Posted by the mommy at 10:27 PM
Monday, April 13, 2009
We just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Spring. We have had beautiful weather here in Florida. This picture is from a photo shoot we did with Sophia on Saturday. I will post more of them in the next few days over on her blog Simply Sophia. We also have vacation pictures to post along with pictures from Easter. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Holiday. Ours was wonderful because we finally had Sophia with us. I will post more later about her first Easter Egg Hunt and Easter Baskets (yes that is plural... LOL). I have also not done Meal Plan Monday since we have been back from Vacation but I will get back to that next week. In the mean time I hope to catch up on all my blogging.
Posted by the mommy at 10:56 AM
Sunday, April 05, 2009
I have so much to post about..
Sophia turned 2 on March 31at and we hada birthday bash for her (pictures to come)
Riz turned 41 (no pictures of that LOL)
The three of us have been on Vacation in Savannah Visiting Wendy and the girls.Then we drove to Atlanta to see our friends and China travel mates the Loves. We took in the Terracotta warrior exhibit at the high Museum and the Atlanta Zoo while we were there. (Pictures to come) and now we are in Amelia Island because we got stuck in 3 hours of GA traffic on the way home. (Pictures to come)
Tomorrow our good friends are coming for a visit with their 2 beautiful kids. (I am sure there will be pictures of that too)
I had Starbucks at 5 so I am still awake at 1am and just entered a blog giveaway over on Maisie Eats Bentos. This is one of my new favorite blogs and is becoming an obsession of mine. Wish me luck... Check out Maisie Eats Bentos here......
Posted by the mommy at 12:52 AM