Friday, April 17, 2009

10 months and 1 day


Today is 10 months and 1 day since we first held Sophia in our arms. I am sure you are wondering why I am writing today, instead of a few weeks from now when we celebrate the One year mark of our referral for Sophia or two months from now when we will be celebrating our 1 year mark as a "Forever Family". Well not to worry I will write then too, but I wanted to write today because today is the day that Sophia has Officially been with Riz and I longer then she was with her foster mother in China. I get emotional just thinking about it.I can't imagine caring for a Child for 10 months and then having to give that child away never knowing what happened to her or if she was OK. I have so much admiration for those who are able to foster children. I think about how much our lives have changed and been blessed because of Sophia. Her life is so different now then it would have been if she were still with her foster mother in China. I am not saying better just different then it was. I think of Sophia's Foster Mother every single day with a sense of overwhelming gratitude for this women I will never know. I have written about her before many times. I will never stop talking about her because she is the person that held my baby at night when she cried and feed her when she was hungry dried her tears witnessed her joy and nurtured her into the happy,smart,funny,intuitive,strong, beautiful girl she is today. We look at her pictures with Sophia frequently and she has learned to say "Cha N" (China). I want her to know about this women and the little bit of information we know about her. She is part of Sophia's story her beginning. So while I feel really happy about how far we have come in 10 months and 1 day I also feel a bit of sadness for this women. I wonder if she thinks about Sophia. I wonder if she knows that she was adopted internationally. I wonder has she seen our pictures. I wonder if she realizes how much we love this child. I wonder if she knows we will forever be grateful to her ............



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post! I truly love that family picture of you all. If you ever get copies made, I'd love to have one to frame for our shelves/wall. It is great! I totally understand how grateful and sad you feel for Sophia's foster family. I, too, don't know if I could do it. Letting go would just kill me. Maybe someday you all will find each other or Sophia will find her. I'm sure seeing her all grown up would bring a huge smile and tears of joy to her face. Give your girl a squeeze from us!
Love,
Aim

Cheri and Shane said...

The best word to describe this post.....BEAUTIFUL!!!

Love you guys!

Jackie said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

I am always humbled by the fact that what started out with one mother's sorrow, gets turned around and becomes another mother's indescribable blessing. Only God!!

Angela said...

Aww what a beautiful family :)
And I think it so wonderful that you honor Sophia's foster mother and its wonderful that you have her photo

hugs, Angela, Bryan and Ella xox

Lily said...

You make such a beautiful family together. I'm so happy for you. Hope we can get together sometime in the future. I would like to meet Sophia in person.

Lily said...

You make such a beautiful family together. I'm so happy for you. Hope we can get together sometime in the future. I would like to meet Sophia in person.

Mike and Rhonda said...

What a sweet post!

Anonymous said...

Susan,

I marked the date that Claire was with us longer than her foster family too. I can't imagine giving her up after 1 hour let alone 10 months. Sophia is blooming. It must all that mommy and daddy love.

Starla